Happy Monday, Beauties!
We are officially halfway through December, which means only a few more weeks left of this crazy 2020! If you’re anything like me, while this year has taught me a lot and I am ultimately very grateful…I am also VERY ready to kiss the year goodbye! As my planner brain and I have started to look ahead a few weeks into the oncoming New Year, I have been brainstorming ways to set myself up for success in 2021. I will say, 2020 has given me the time and power to create better habits for myself such as manifesting, goal-setting, and creative planning, so I want to make sure that I carry those newly developed habits into 2021 and continue to cultivate them. Keeping this in mind, and also thinking of how I could tie this desire of my own into the blog and help my readers, I thought what better way to set ourselves up to achieve ALL of our damn goals and make those big dreams happen than creating VISION BOARDS!
I’ve created vision boards for myself in the past and while I totally get that visual art or art in general may not be everyone’s ~thing~, keep in mind that there are so many different ways to create a board that works for you! Personally, my past vision boards (one still hangs in my room today because I love it so much) have been comprised of a combination of photos and quotes I found online via Pinterest or Google and small, handwritten sentiments of my own. For example, after my first year of college (when I was manifesting being cast in shows at school and in summer work), I included little cut outs of my name from callback sheets and playbills from my first year as a reminder of what I was working towards! Any little thing like that, little things that will remind you of your goals and what you are working for are the perfect additions to what you compile!
Feeling stuck and not sure how to even begin compiling ideas for your vision board? Fear not! In my typical planner fashion, I’ve created a little step-by-step guide to help you gather your ideas and get started creating your board so you can create an amazing reminder of all you are, all you want to be, and all you deserve in 2021!
Vision Board Planning
- Sit down with your phone or a journal and write about what you want to let go of in the New Year
- Writing down what you want to let go of will help you illuminate what you maybe DON’T want or need to include in your board and help you start to figure out what you want to welcome into your life in an attempt to avoid what is no longer serving you!
- Now, write what you want to attract and welcome into your life in the New Year
- Think about the type of energy you want to go into the year with and carry with you all 12 months! If it’s an energy you haven’t experienced personally yet, think about some events/people/things that have seemed to radiate that energy in your eyes. If it’s an energy that you HAVE experienced and want to sustain, sit with the thoughts and feelings that the event/experience brought you. Try to hold onto that.
- Think about what you want to manifest, or put out into the universe that you’d like to have brought into your life, as well as your goals
- What do you want? Nothing is too small! How can you realistically take steps forward to help you achieve what you want to achieve? What will you work in tandem with the universe to make happen in 2021?
- Think about who or what inspires you (i.e. music, lyrics, poems, individuals, photographs, etc.)
- This step is pretty self-explanatory. What inspires you? Who inspires you? Are there places you want to go, things you want to experience? This is also where you can start to figure out what artistic mediums you vibe with that you want to incorporate on your board.
- Take to Pinterest! Create a Pinterest board for your vision board to help develop your board’s aesthetic
- Make a board for your board! Having one place to compile all your ideas into will make the formation of your board much easier. Pin away! You obviously don’t have to include everything you add to your Pinterest board on the vision board you create but having lots of ideas is great! Pinterest will also show you similar pins to the ones you pin, so it makes finding what you might like a little easier! If you want to check out my Pinterest board for my vision boards, click here!
- Gather inspo from other sources i.e., books, magazines, physical articles/supplies, etc.
- Get together those other little nuggets of inspiration from any other resource that inspires you or holds deep meaning for you!
- Get creative!
- Now that you’ve got your pieces all togethers, you can start printing cutting out everything you’ve collected. And assembly is all up to you! You can assemble on a canvas, cork board, poster board, right on the wall, etc. I like to assemble it mine on the canvas or floor, take a picture of it, then start the REAL assembly of it on my chosen canvas!
- Tip: Gather more resources than you think you will need, always better to have extra
- Tip: Make sure you have the proper tools for assembly- if you’re going directly onto the wall, be sure whatever you’re hanging with won’t ruin or damage your walls
Now, all you have to do is bask in the beauty of your creation and hold onto your hopes, dreams, and inspiration no matter what the New Year brings your way. I know that’s SO much easier said than done, but once you’ve got your beautiful vision board reminder hanging where you can plainly see it, acknowledge it, and remember the intentions you set when you made it, you will hold all the power! Each month of the year will lead you to set new goals, will bring you joy, and may bring struggle to face- but it’s all part of life, baby! It’s how we carry ourselves through it that means the most. Gather your strength, gather your people, and hold on tight because 2021 is YOURS!
*insert pounding fist emoji*
I love you lots!