August Round Up
Another month of 2020 down. Sad that it’s going so fast, but one month closer to (hopefully) a better 2021! We must be hopeful!
I’ll admit, my round up for the month is a little sparse! While I went back to my part-time job at the end of last month, this month was when I got into the full swing of things and I did spend a lot of my time working. I’m grateful that I’m able to work and I enjoy the little job I have; it’s nice to have something that gets me out and gives me a little change of scenery, you know? In addition to working, I was able to spend about a week and a half this month being a member of the 24 Hour Plays: Nationals cohort as an actor! I mean this from the bottom of my heart, what an incredible experience. Not only was I able to feel like a performer again, but I learned so much, made so many new connections, and took part in meaningful work. It’s an experience that I will treasure as I move forward in my professional career, I’m grateful I had the opportunity to be part of it!
In addition to working a lot this month, I did a lot of work on my yoga teacher certification! I am VERY close to being done, and I am again, very grateful that the online training program I went with is move at your own pace. It has taken me longer to get to this point than I originally had anticipated, but I wanted to make sure I was really absorbing the material- so, thank God for that! Later in September, probably as I am finally finishing the program, I’m going to write a post that will be Part Two of my Yoga Journey post, so look out for that! I am also hoping to maybe start creating some mini classes to post on my social media for people to take at their own leisure, as well as some live classes as I get ready to get some teaching experience under my belt!
Hopefully, LOTS of new and exciting things as I continue to build and expand my brand a bit more!
Alright. This is usually the portion of my Monthly Minute post where I share the written monthly goals I had set for the month and whether or not I had accomplished them. And in an attempt to be as fully transparent with my readers and followers as possible, I am admitting that I FORGOT to sit down and write out my goals for the month! I know, you’re probably thinking, “girl, you made a WHOLE POST about setting monthly goals for yourself and now you’re slipping up?!” And I am here to say, YEP. It’s bound to happen sometimes, and the start of this month, the time when I usually sit down and write my goals out, just completely got away from me. BUT I will say, a lot of my monthly goals carry over from month to month, so having the logged memory of what I had been writing out the last few months was helpful in organically trying to be accountable for myself!
I also slacked big time on the reading front this month, I didn’t pick up a new book. I ordered a book for an online book club for the month of September at the start of this month and I realllllly had to restrain myself from starting it sooner. So, look forward for my thoughts on some books in September!
Now, let’s get to some of the stuff I enjoyed this month!
- Love on the Spectrum (Netflix): Oh. My. Lord. I loved this show so freaking much! It was just so heartwarming and genuine, I didn’t want it to end. I’m really hoping they will have other seasons in the future because I couldn’t get enough of it!
- Ozark (Netflix)- Alright. I am a little bit behind on this one, but wow is it good. Like, CRAZY good. I am astounded by everyone’s performances every single episode. I didn’t think this was a show I was going to enjoy, but I am binge-ing it hardcore at the moment- still in season 2.
- Yoga Girl Podcast (and Yoga Girl Daily)- First of all, this woman’s voice just soothes me. I love Yoga Girl Daily specifically because I listen to them most days on my way to work! They are only 5-8 minutes long and each day of the week has a different theme. Lots of setting intentions, reflecting, and taking steps in your daily life to better yourself!
- My Hydrapeak Water Bottle-: Listen, I don’t care WHAT kind of water bottle you get but get yourself a water bottle! Save the planet! It will also just change your life, really. Personally, I enjoy my drinks nice and cold. Lots of ice. My stainless steel Hydrapeak water bottle (from my local T.J. Maxx- go to yours, I bet they have one or one similar) keeps my drink cold ALL DAY while I’m at work. I’ll come home after a long shift and there will still be ice clanging around in there! I believe you can also put hot liquids in it as well and they’d stay hot! I decorated mine with lots of fun RedBubble stickers 🙂
- Batiste Volumizing Dry Shampoo: I love me some great dry shampoo, as I am sure many of you do as well. I’ve used the regular Batiste dry shampoo for years, but my mom just recently picked up a couple of cans of the volumizing dry shampoo and gave me one and I LOVE it! Something I’ve tried to start doing this month is training my hair (to not need to be washed as often) because honestly, it was exhausting how often I needed to wash my hair and now I’m just tired of it! I don’t know what it is about this dry shampoo that I love and is working much better than any other one I’ve used! I have naturally very straight and flat hair, so maybe I’m just finding that I like the volume! Either way, check it out!
Not too much to boast about this month, but I am happy to share that a lot of the time that wasn’t spent at work, watching Netflix or reading as much this month was spent on personal development, continued job searching/yoga work, and relaxation where I could grab it. For all of that, I am simply grateful!
Did You LOVE August’s FREE Bullet Journal Templates?
If so, you’re in luck! Didn’t get yours last month? No problem! I am sending out another round for September! If you’ve every wanted to start bullet journaling but have no clue where to start, this template is for you! I’ve curated various pages based on what I use in my own bullet journal as well as suggestions I’ve gotten from Pinterest and the Instagram hive! Everything you need to start tracking your own personal habits for the month can be found in these pages! Sound good? All you have to do to get the FREE templates is subscribe to Beyond the Footlights using your email! This offer will be good for the whole month of September, so you’ve got some time to consider if you’re on the fence! This may be the final month to snag the template for FREE, so you aren’t going to want to miss this!
As many of you have gone back to school and will continue to go back as we move into September, know that I am thinking of you and sending you all the well wishes in the world! Stay safe, smart, and healthy, my loves!